Business Resources in Norfolk County
Norfolk Entrepreneurs, build and advance your business with confidence.
Norfolk County’s Economic Recovery Plan and its Economic Development Strategic Plan identified the need for a robust ecosystem for entrepreneurship as the means to diversify our economy, retain youth entrepreneurs, attract emerging industries, and support the growth of existing businesses.
Business Resources in Norfolk County (BRINC) is a one-year pilot project offered by Norfolk County Economic Development in collaboration with Venture Norfolk. BRINC capitalizes on Norfolk County’s strong entrepreneurial culture by helping to launch and scale successful businesses through access to locally relevant entrepreneurship programs, mentoring and support.
BRINC offers local entrepreneurs three specialized, multi-week, cohort entrepreneurship training programs. Funded in part by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs and Venture Norfolk, this cohort training is free to eligible entrepreneurs located in Norfolk County.
The fine print
- Under BRINC, entrepreneurs operating a business in Norfolk County, or are preparing to launch a new business in Norfolk County, are eligible to apply to one or more cohorts —subject to space limitations.
- For each of the cohorts, applicants will be pre-screened by Norfolk County Economic Development to confirm eligibility. Applications will then be screened by the organization delivering the cohort to ensure that participating entrepreneurs will benefit from the training, will contribute to the cohort, and are committed to completing the program.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the cohort in advance of the start of the specific cohort.
- Applications from entrepreneurs or businesses not located in Norfolk County are not eligible.
- No, there is no cost for this training. Online training and mentorship support are free for eligible entrepreneurs.
- Program participants are expected to have access to the internet for online training.
- Additional personal expenses, such as travel costs related to in-person support, office visits etc. are not covered by BRINC.
- BRINC training will be provided online augmented by ongoing mentorship and support.
- Each cohort will be structured differently. Timing, number of sessions per week, length of sessions etc. will vary depending on the type of training program offered.
- Most training will involve 8-10 sessions spread across several weeks.
- For more specific course information, see specific program details below.