Local Government Week
October 15 – 21, 2023
What is Local Government Week?
Every year, Ontario celebrates Local Government Week during the third week of October to increase public awareness of local governments’ important roles in our communities.
Did you know that Norfolk County is divided into six distinct divisions, with multiple departments within each? They are:
- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- Community Development
- Corporate Services
- Environmental and Infrastructure Services
- Health and Social Services
More information about each division can be found on Norfolk County’s Organizational Structure page.
Getting Students Involved
As part of Local Government Week, we are calling upon local students in grades 5 and 10 to share their knowledge and ideas about Norfolk County.
Grade 5 students
- Local Grade 5 students can download this printout and draw/write about what local government does for them and their families.
Grade 10 students
- Local Grade 10 students can tell us – in 500 words or less what Norfolk County means to you and, if you made the decisions, what would you do differently?
- Students can submit their essay to [email protected]
- Members of Norfolk County’s Council will select the winning submissions.
- Winners will be invited to attend Council to receive a gift package and be recognized by Mayor Amy Martin at the November 21, 2023, Council Meeting, and on social media.
- Submission deadline is Friday, November 3, 2023.