Temporary Outdoor Patios
Norfolk County is working to expedite the review and consideration of Temporary Outdoor Patios applications to support businesses and provide them this opportunity again this summer. The application will allow temporary patios to operate on private property and public property from May 1, 2021, to October 31, 2021.
All applicants are required to submit the following as a complete application.
- A completed Temporary Patio Application
- Diagram of the proposed location and layout of the patio (including dimensions)
- A completed site plan waiver form
- A fee of $214.00 (2021- Full amount will be offset by the Economic Recovery Fund- No fee to be submitted for 2021)
- Certificate of Insurance- A COI (Certificate of Insurance) with proof of at least $2 Million (per occurrence) Commercial General Liability, Cross Liability, An endorsement certifying that The Corporation of Norfolk County is added as additional insured on the policy with 30 days written notice of cancellation.
- Proof of a liquor license (if relevant)
Please ensure all drawings of patios are accurate and that details upon the nature of fencing are included. Also, ensure that a routinely monitored phone number is provided to ensure that County staff can contact you and delays can be avoided.
Applications are to be submitted electronically to [email protected] or may be placed in the dropbox at 185 Robinson Street, Suite 200, Simcoe ON.
- Patio Policy-PD-21
- Patio Process and Fees Report 2021 (CD 21-28 )
- Site Plan Waiver Request Form
For more information on the Temporary Patio Allowance Program, please email [email protected] or call 519-426-5870 Ext. 8044.