Boards, Committees and Commissions
Norfolk County Council establishes committees and boards as part of their commitment to bring an accountable and transparent government. Committees and boards are a way for residents to provide input, expertise and recommendations on matters that affect the entire community.
Volunteering your time and expertise with Norfolk County will provide many learning opportunities, from learning more about your local government to engaging with your local government and most importantly giving back to your community.
Norfolk County Council makes appointments to various Boards, Committees and Commissions and it is not uncommon for vacancies to occur throughout the year. When such vacancies occur, public notice will be advertised on the County website and County social media outlets.
- Committee Application Form (PDF)
- Committee Handbook – Committee Member’s Guide
- Downtown Simcoe BIA
- Norfolk County Public Library Board Application Form
Advisory Committees (2022-2026)
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- By-Law Appeals Committee
- Committee of Adjustment
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Emergency Operations Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- LPRCA Board of Directors
- Norfolk Agricultural Advisory Committee
- NPCL Board
- Planning Advisory Committee
- Police Services Board
- Recreation and Parks Committee
- Sustainability Advisory Committee
Questions and / or applications can be submitted to the Norfolk County Clerk’s office located at: