Provincial Offences Office
POA is a procedural law for administering and prosecuting provincial offences including those committed under the Highway Traffic Act, the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act, the Trespass to Property Act, the Liquor Licence Act and other provincial legislation, municipal by-laws and minor federal offences. The POA governs all aspects of the legal prosecution process, from serving an offence notice to an accused person, to conducting trials, including sentencing and appeals.
Robinson Administration Building
185 Robinson Street, Suite 100
Simcoe, ON N3Y 5L6
Phone: 519-426-5870 Ext. 2506
Norfolk County Provincial Offences Administration Office is available to serve you weekdays by phone/email and in-person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- As the Province re-opens, court proceedings are being adjusted in line with public health guidance. Defendants will have the opportunity to choose in-person or electronic method to join their court proceeding. As of April 4, 2022 the Provincial Offences Court will be re-opened to the public for access.
- You may attend court remotely by audio/video appearance or in-person.
- If you haven’t received correspondence regarding your court appearance, please contact our office.
Remote Court Appearance
Court proceedings can be held remotely. Please see the link below for Zoom court appearances and information.
If you have received notice of your court appearance and will be unable to connect (e.g., if you do not have the appropriate technology or would like to request an accessible format or communication support), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-426-5870 ext. 2506.
Click here for details on how to join remote Zoom court appearances
Exhibit Filing- For Trials ONLY
Exhibit evidence can be submitted to email@example.com or in-person at the address noted above (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) no later than 5 business days prior to the trial date
The email address for submission of exhibits is firstname.lastname@example.org
The acceptable file formats are:
- Documents: Word, PDF
- Photographs: JPG
- Videos: MP4
The maximum size of total allowable attachments by email is 10MB
Each document, video or photograph is to be separately attached and labelled in the following format:
- Last Name, First Name, description of document, photograph or video, for example, Smith, John-Insurance Slip
The format of the email subject line is:
- Last Name, First Name, Case Number, Defence or Prosecution, Trial Date, for example Smith, John- 0123456A, Defence- Trial 31 December 2021
Method Of Payment
Our office accepts payments by cash, cheque made payable to Norfolk County (over $1,000.00 certified), debit, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Payments may be made in person, by mail to the address below, by fax at 519-427-5900 or by phone at 519-426-5870 x2506. Part 1 and Part 3 tickets may also be paid on-line (in full) at www.paytickets.ca.
Payments can also be made at any POA office in Ontario.
Within 15 days of receiving your ticket, you must select one of the three options shown on your offence notice. If you do not exercise one of the three options within 15 days of receiving the offence notice, you will be deemed not to dispute the charge and a Clerk of the Court may enter a conviction against you in your absence. Upon conviction additional costs will be added to the total payable.
Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases
For more information on the Provincial Offences Case process, please visit the Ontario Court of Justice’s Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases.
Case Status Lookup
You can check the status of all tickets or fines, issued under the Provincial Offences Act.
You cannot check the status of tickets or fines for:
- criminal matters
- parking tickets
- cases under appeal
- cases with publication bans
- charges involving anyone under 16 years of age
For more information, visit POA Online Services
- The Ontario Court of Justice webpage for notices to the public on matters of the Provincial Offences Act
- Public and Media Access to Court Proceedings