Social Media Guidelines
Norfolk County welcomes posts on our social media pages. We ask that online commentary be respectful to all!
Users, please note that staff reserves the right to remove any post and block users from its pages at any time, without notice.
- The publishing of personal information of other individuals
- Promoting or fostering discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, nationality, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Using profanity or abusive language
- Personal attacks on an individual or specific group
- Promoting an individual religion or religious service
- Is sexually explicit or linked to content that is sexually explicit
- Encourages or involves illegal activity
- Attempts to advertise, promote, or sell products or services of an individual or business
- Promotion of a candidate for municipal, provincial, or federal election
- Could compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Does not comply with municipal, provincial, or federal legislation
Norfolk County is not responsible for comments made on its social media applications.
Third-party social media sites are private businesses with their own terms of service and privacy policies. Norfolk County does not accept any responsibility for the operation of third-party social media sites and is unable to guarantee the privacy of individuals who access content provided to such sites by the County.