Norfolk County consists of seven departments, each providing it’s own unique services. For more information on their purposes, their official business plans and key contacts, select a department below.
- County Manager
- Community Services
- Employee and Business Services
- Financial Services
- Health and Social Services
- Planning and Economic Development
- Public Works and Environmental Services
The County Manager’s Office administers and supervises the management of the business and affairs of the County in accordance with policies plans and programs approved and established by Council.
View the 2013 County Manager Business Plan.
County Manager Contacts
- Keith Robicheau, County Manager x 1225 (email@example.com)
- Colleen A. Coons, Administrative Coordinator x 1226 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Community Services Department encompasses a diverse range of community oriented services. These services include the following divisions:
- Fire and Rescues Services
- EMS (Emergency Medical Services/Land Ambulance)
- Parks, Facilities and Recreation(Forestry and Cemeteries, Building Maintenance)
- Marinas (Port Dover and Port Rowan)
- Business Systems
View the 2013 Community Services Business Plan.
Community Services Contacts
- Kevin Lichach, G.M. Community Services x 2206 (email@example.com)
- Catherine Dougherty, Senior Administrative Assistant x 2201 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nicole Slote, Manager Business Systems x 2208 (email@example.com)
- Darwin Rouse, Manager EMS and Land Ambulance Director x 2407 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Terry Dicks, Fire Chief x 2400 (email@example.com)
- Frank Sams, Manager, Parks, Facilities and Recreation x 2202 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Janet Blackburn, Manager, Port Dover Harbour Marina (email@example.com)
- Summer Phone: 519-583-1581 (April 1 to November 1st)
- Winter Phone: 519-426-5999 x 2225 (November 1st to March 31st)
- Bill Hett,CEO, Library Systems x 1253 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Employee and Business Services
The Employee and Business Services Department provides a variety of services to the County. These services include the following:
- Information Systems Services – provides support and services in the area of Information Technology (I.T.), infrastructure (equipment and networking), I.T. communications (web, E-mail, cellular and telephone service), and corporate I.T. software applications.
- Clerk and Council Services – Council Secretariat, the Municipal Election, Licensing, Records Management, Freedom of Information, Civil Marriage Solemnization, Division Registrar and Administrative Support Services for the Corporation.
- Corporate Support Services – Risk Management and Insurance, Legal Services, Purchasing, Property and Asset Management, Customer Service, Special Projects, Municipal Performance Measurement program (MPMP), Special Event Coordination, AODA Accessibility Standards Administration and Provincial Offences Act Administration.
- Human Resources – Are responsible for the initiation, development, implementation, management and administration of all Corporate Human Resources related services, programs, policies and procedures required to achieve the short and long-term objectives of Norfolk County.
Employee and Business Services Contacts
- Kandy Webb, General Manager x 1229 (email@example.com)
- Jill Binkley, Senior Administrative Assistant x 1321 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sue Barr, Manager, Employment Services Program x 2313 (email@example.com)
- Trevor Misener, Manager, Organizational Health and Welness/WSIB Programs x 2311 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carissa Kapitor, Staff Development Coordinator x 2322 (email@example.com)
- Beverley Wood, Clerk, Manager of Council Services x 1228 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shelley Darlington, Manager Corporate Support Services x 1320 (email@example.com)
- Brent Wallace, Manager Information Services x 2236 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Financial Services Department provides all the financial and treasury functions for the County. These services include the following divisions:
- Accounting Services – Accounting, Banking Services, Revenue Management, Financial Advice, Trust Funds and Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting, PSAB Requirements
- Financial Planning and Reporting – Preparation of Annual Budgets, Revenue Management, Reserve/Reserve Funds, Financial Planning, Short Term Borrowing, Financial Advice, Investments
- Revenue and Taxation – Tax Policy and Collection, Revenue Management
View the 2013 Financial Services Business Plan.
Financial Services Contacts
- John Ford, General Manager x 1230 (email@example.com)
- Jane McCarthy, Senior Administrative Assistant x 1242 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mary Anne Laing, Deputy Treasurer, Manager of Accounting Services x 1231 (email@example.com)
- Kathy Laplante, Manager Financial Planning and Reporting x 1284 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sue Boughner, Tax Collector, Manager Revenue and Taxation x 1280 (email@example.com)
Health and Social Services
The provincial government mandates the majority of services provided by the Health and Social Services Department. They ensure the health and welfare of the population as a whole and especially vulnerable populations. The services of the Health Unit, Social Housing and Social Services are provided through one Department to both Haldimand County and Norfolk County. Services are delivered equitably to both Counties, in a number of office locations and cost shared.
The Health and Social Services Department consists of four divisions which are the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit, Norview Lodge, Haldimand and Norfolk Social Services and Social Housing.
Health and Social Services Contacts
- Patti Moore, General Manager x 3120 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marlene Walker, Administrative Coordinator x 3121 (email@example.com)
- Jodi Guilmette, Manager, Haldimand and Norfolk Social Services x 3748 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bill Nolan, Administrator, Norview Lodge 519-426-0902 x 4224 (email@example.com)
- Jill Steen, Manager, Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit x 3218 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Heidi VanDyk, Manager, Social Housing x 3122 (email@example.com)
Planning and Economic Development
The Planning and Economic Development Services Department is comprised of four divisions: Community Planning, Tourism and Economic Development, Building and Bylaw Administration and Heritage and Culture. This department strives to provide a one-stop window with a focus on excellent customer service, for all products and services provided.
- Community Planning services are available in Simcoe at 60 Colborne Street South and at the Langton Administration Building.
- Building and By-law services are available in Simcoe at 8 Schellburg Avenue and also at the Langton Administration Building.
- Tourism and Economic Development offices are located at 30 Peel Street, Simcoe.
- The Heritage and Culture Division which oversees the four County museums, the Norfolk Arts Centre, W. D. Stalker Alligator Tug, Norfolk Heritage Committee and the War Memorial Carillon Tower, is located at 60 Colborne Street South, Simcoe.
Planning and Economic Development Contacts
- Chris Baird, General Manager x 1348 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pat Duffy, Senior Administrative Assistant x 1346 (email@example.com)
- James McIntosh, Manager Community Dev. Planning x 1840 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clark Hoskin, Manager Economic Development x 1238 (email@example.com)
- Fritz Enzlin, Chief Building Official x 2218 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tanya Zajac, Coordinator of Heritage and Culture x 1347 (email@example.com)
Public Works and Environmental Services
Located in Delhi, the Public Works and Environmental Services Department is responsible for the management, maintenance operations, and capital works for the roads, fleet and facilities, water, storm and sanitary sewers, and waste management services provided by the County. In addition to the primary departmental capital upgrades, the department is responsible for all capital upgrades for Corporate facilities, as required.
Public Works and Environmental Services Contacts
- Eric D’Hondt, General Manager x 1100 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Irene Townsend, Senior Administrative Assistant x 1101 (email@example.com)
- Bill Cridland, Manager Roads x 1110 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob Fields, Manager Environmental Services x 1500 (email@example.com)
- Marlene Ireland, Manager Fleet and Facilities x 1400 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gary Houghton, Manager Engineering x 1600 (email@example.com)
- Mary Mercato, Manager Support Services x 1200 (firstname.lastname@example.org)