Norfolk County has gym/fitness equipment, Nordic poles & snowshoes available to rent, starting March 8, 2022.
- Hand Weights: Adding hand weights to your exercise routine is good for building strength, increasing endurance and building muscle mass.
- Pilates Weighted Exercise Balls: This exercise ball will help you achieve muscle and tension release for all parts of the body. The benefits of the exercise balls will also increase your flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Nordic Poles: Try new, unique equipment and enjoy the outdoors! A rental fee and replacement/loss deposit are required at the time of booking. Poles help you burn stress and calories at the same time. Using poles while walking helps improve cardiovascular fitness, improve strength and posture and promote a full-body workout. All equipment will be sanitized by staff between uses.
- Snowshoes: Along with improving your cardiovascular fitness, snowshoeing provides health benefits for your muscles, especially your lower body.
- To borrow equipment, residents must have an ENCORE account. Equipment can be reserved online by visiting the "facility booking" section. For assistance, please call Recreation Customer Service at 519-426-8866 x 2233
- All equipment is borrowed for the period from Thursday to the following Tuesday.
- A rental fee of $5.00 is required. A replacement fee of $20 for fitness items and $100 for sports items will be charged to the renter’s credit card on file in the event that the equipment is not returned in the condition in which it was borrowed (damaged) or not returned at all as per the Terms and Conditions.
- Equipment must be picked up on Thursdays between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Play equipment must be picked up by the borrower at the Simcoe Recreation Centre, 182 South Drive
- The borrower must pick up equipment during their designated pick-up time.
- Equipment must be dropped off up on Tuesdays between 8 a.m and 5 p.m.
- Equipment must be dropped off by the borrower at the Simcoe Recreation Centre, 182 South Drive. Customer Service desk.
- The borrower must drop off equipment during their designated drop-off time.