Norfolk County Trails
Trails are an integral component of healthy communities which provide health, environmental, economic, and social benefits. Trails also conserve open space, separate walking and bicycling from vehicle traffic (except in on-road bicycle lanes) promote public health through exercise, and provide wildlife corridors.
Trails are located throughout Norfolk County. Networks of trails begin in Simcoe, the county’s largest urban centre; and Turkey Point, which is a bit off the beaten track.
Trail User’s Code
- Hike only along marked routes. Do not take shortcuts.
- Cyclists warn pedestrians of your approach
- No motorized vehicles
- Do not climb fences or gates
- Stay on the trail
- Respect the privacy of people living along the trail
- Keep dogs on leash
- No camping or fires
- Do not disturb vegetation or wildlife
- Leave the trail cleaner than you found it. Carry out all litter
- Leave only your footprints and take only photographs
- Daytime use only
- No “E” Bikes