Norfolk County Youth Action Committee
Norfolk County Youth Action Committee is for students ages 13-19 looking to get involved in their community.
The program is committed to giving youth a collective voice to positively enhance the lives and recreational opportunities for all youth and residents of Norfolk County.
What We Do
- Attend regular meetings
- Discuss ways to engage with other youth
- Strengthen the bond between youth and the community,
- Plan outings and special events like coffee houses, bowling, dances, etc.
- To provide youth with leadership opportunities that will encourage personal growth.
- To facilitate and forge strong connections between youth in the community and Norfolk County.
- To positively enhance the profile of youth in our county.
How to Join
- You can pick up an application from your high school’s student services department, the Simcoe Recreation Centre, or by contacting Merisa Kriwez, recreation coordinator of Child, Youth & Special Events at [email protected]
- All new members are required to complete a Youth Council Application, the Norfolk County Volunteer Package including WHMIS, AODA, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Meetings have moved online. Stay tuned for more information on how you can participate.