Forest Conservation Services
The conservation of private woodlands and their related resources and the management of the Community Forest Network is the responsibility of our qualified full-time and part-time staff working in partnership with landowners, volunteers and resource groups and agencies.
Working with the provincial and federal agencies, the Forest Conservation Service acts as a conduit for information and opportunities from which private woodland owners and Norfolk County can derive a direct benefit through wise stewardship and conservation.
Services delivered through the Forest Conservation Service include:
- Forest Conservation By-law Enforcement
- Management of the Community County Forest Network
- Private Land Education and Extension
- Development and Maintenance of a Forest Conservation Strategy
- Technical Advisory Support – Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS)
- Advisory role with the Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry