Ontario Launched a Used Tires Program on September 1st, 2009. The Used Tire Plan is a free tire disposal program for Ontario Residents to recycle their used tires. There are a number of Collection facilities available across Ontario where the public can drop off their used tires. Below are frequently asked questions:
What types of tires are included?
All on-road and off-road passenger and commercial motorized vehicle tires including:
- Motorcycle tires
- Truck and bus tires
- Mobile home/trailer tires
- Earth-moving and road building vehicle tires
- Mining, logging and agricultural use vehicle tires
- Any industrial and other vehicle tires to provide mobility.
What types of tires are not included?
- Tires on Toys
- Bicycle tires
- Personal mobility device tires
- Commercial aircraft tires
Requirements for Tire Disposal
- No dirt in the tires
- Tires on and off the rim are accepted
To find a location where tires can be dropped off for free ask your local retailer or mechanic or visit Rethink Tires website or call 1-888-OTS-2202 for more information on the program.