Garbage Bag Limits
- 4 bags of garbage per household
- 8 bags of garbage per commercial unit
- All garbage must be bagged, including garbage in cans. Any garbage that isn’t bagged will not be collected
- Have your material at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day to ensure that your material is picked up
- Place your material at the edge of the curb on your property either on the grass or on your driveway, not on the roadway
- Keep areas adjacent to collection areas clear of obstacles like basketball and hockey nets
- In the winter, be sure material is visible and not hidden by snowbanks
- Liquid wastes of any type will NOT be accepted.
- Leaves and Grass Clippings will NOT be picked up for landfill material. Check local newspapers and website for the Spring and Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection Schedule
- Christmas Trees, whole or cut, will NOT be collected. Watch for local papers in December for Christmas Tree recycling depot drop-off centres.
- Household Hazardous Waste will NOT be collected. Bi-annual events are held in the spring (Simcoe & Delhi) and Fall (Port Dover and Langton). Learn more.
- Household Electronics, computers, cell phones, printers, etc. will NOT be accepted. Learn more about retailer take-back programs.
- Bulky Items will NOT be picked up at the curb. They can be taken to the transfer stations (disposal fees apply).