Employment at Norfolk County
Norfolk County employs approximately 1100 full-time and part-time employees and is the largest employer in Norfolk County. Job opportunities can be found within the following divisions:
- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer — Norfolk County Fire Services; Norfolk County Paramedic Services; Clerks Department; Human Resources; County Solicitor.
- Community Development — Planning Department; Building Department; Strategic Innovation and Economic Development Department; Heritage and Culture Department; Recreation Department.
- Corporate Services —Corporate Customer Service and Communications Department; Accessibility and Special Projects; Financial Management and Planning Department; Information Technology Department; Realty Services Department.
- Environmental and Infrastructure Services — Environmental Services; Engineering Department; Capitol Projects.
- Operations — Facilities; Fleet; Marina; Parks; Roads.
- Health and Social Services — Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit; Haldimand-Norfolk Social Services; Haldimand-Norfolk Housing and Homelessness Prevention; Norview Lodge.
Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.
STUDENT SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES 2023
The Corporation of Norfolk County is accepting online applications for the following summer employment opportunities from December 1, 2022, until 4:30 p.m. on January 31, 2023. Students must be currently enrolled in full-time studies.
Note: All successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Human Resources Student
- Clerks Election/Records Summer Student
- Information Technology Student
- Assistant Instructor Guard (3)
- Supervising Instructor Guard/Instructor Guard (up to 10)
- Water Safety Awareness Promoter (1)
- Facility Attendant (Arenas) (7)
- Parks Labourer – Delhi
- Port Dover Harbour Marina Attendant (7)
- Port Dover Harbour Marina Attendant (5)
- Cemetery Labourer (5)
- Parks Labourer (12)
- Roads Summer Student (4)
- Museum Summer Student (2)
- Archives Summer Student
- Day Camp Coordinator (3)
- Specialty Camp Coordinator – Skills (!)
- Specialty Camp Coordinator Outdoor Adventure (2)
- Forest Crew Leader
- Forest Management Technician
- Forestry Crew Member (2)
Applicants must complete and submit their application online. We will not accept paper applications.
Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be held in strict confidence and used for employment assessment purposes only.
Norfolk County provides a rewarding and inclusive work environment.
Norfolk County offers a competitive benefits package for both non-union and unionized staff. Benefits include items such as:
Norfolk County strives to provide a work/life balance for all employees in regard to their hours of work. See below some of the options we provide:
Work from Home
Norfolk County offers many training opportunities for our staff who are looking to grow in their career, including:
Aspiring Leaders Workshop
The wellness and health and safety of our employees are extremely important at Norfolk County. We have created initiatives across the corporation to help promote a healthy and safe environment, here are a few of them:
Psychological Health and Safety
Employee Recognition Week
Norfolk County residents and community members are invited to submit an application to serve as volunteers on boards and committees.
Appointment terms will range from two to four years depending on the Committees/Boards' Terms of Reference. Contact the County Clerk's Department at [email protected] for more information on each committee's membership, mandates proposed meeting schedule and the appointment process.
For more information, including a list of the boards, application forms and application deadlines, visit
Working for the Norfolk County Public Library
The Norfolk County Public Library is a fully accessible five branch library system located in Norfolk County. To view current openings, please visit the NCPL’s website
|Questions? Email Norfolk County Human Resources: [email protected]|