Norfolk County Official Plan
This digital PDF file is prepared for purposes of convenience only, and for accurate reference, recourse should be to the originals of the individual by-laws and related approval documentation. Contact the Norfolk County Planning Department regarding approval verification from the original documents.
The Planning Department will update the digital PDF file to include any amendments that were approved since the last update twice a year (after January 1 and July 1). Please be aware that the PDF file may not be up to date. Contacting a planner is recommended. The approved Official Plan, consolidated to January 1, 2022, can be accessed here:
Norfolk County Official Plan January 2022
- Schedule A Community Structure
- Schedule C Natural Heritage
- Schedule D Water Resources
- Schedule E Transportation
- Schedule I Active Transportation
- Schedule J Natural Resources
Lakeshore Secondary Plan
Text:Lakeshore Secondary Plan
Schedules and Appendices:
- Appendix B Agricultural Priority
- Appendix C-1 Natural Heritage System Strategy
- Appendix C-2 Natural Heritage System Strategy
- Appendix C-3 Natural Heritage System Strategy
- Appendix D Norfolk CDG FINAL Sept 2009 Revised
- Schedule F-1 Community Structure
- Schedule G-1 Natural Heritage System Study Area
- Schedule G-2 Natural Heritage System Study Area
- Schedule G-3 Natural Heritage System Study Area
- Schedule H-1 Port Dover Neighbourhood Planning Areas
- Schedule H-1A Port Dover Neighbourhood Planning Areas
- Schedule H-2 Port Rowan Neighbourhood Planning Areas
What is an Official Plan?
An Official Plan is a statutory document that has status in law pursuant to provisions of the Planning Act. It provides for a long-term comprehensive framework for land use decision-making in our community. The Official Plan is a statement of goals, objectives and policies intended to guide existing and future land use, physical development, and growth within the municipal boundaries of the County. The policies of the Plan are designed to provide the essential tools to enhance future growth, development and change in the County and to create the community envisioned by Norfolk’s residents.
It affects your everyday life through polices about where and how new housing, industry, offices and shops as well as anticipated needs for infrastructure. It shapes how our neighbourhoods will look and feel in the long term. Think: streets, parks, transit, schools, community amenities, all needed for growing our community.