The Engineering department is responsible for
- Servicing review for site plans, development and subdivisions
- Lot grading plan review
- Cost estimates for budgets
- Capital plans for 5 and 10 years (Roads and Environmental Services)
- Road, bridge and traffic studies
- Corridor management, accident mapping, storm water management, pavement management and traffic management.
- System capacity and optimization studies
- In-house design and survey/ layout needs for the division
- Contract inspection and administration for all departments
- Draft and maintain the land base information system for the department (i.e. GIS)
- To complete the municipal drainage needs of Norfolk County
- To develop policies and procedures
The Design Criteria is currently being reviewed. Please contact the Engineering division for more information.