Risks of Hydrogen Sulphide

Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) is a colourless gas that smells like rotten eggs. At very high levels, hydrogen sulphide can be flammable and lethal.

If there is a leak of hydrogen sulphide or other hazardous chemicals in your area, contact the Spills Action Centre of the Ministry of Environment by calling 416-325-3000, 1-800-268-6060 (toll-free), or 1-855-889-5775 (TTY).

Emergency Information Vial


When you need emergency assistance, having your medical history and medicine information in one place, may save your life!

What is it?

The Vial of Life program is being reintroduced to Haldimand and Norfolk in conjunction with first responders and community partners. The program allows individuals to have their most up to date pertinent medical information in their home for paramedics to reference during an emergency. Paramedics can then assess and apply the most appropriate care and drug treatment as quickly as possible increasing the patient’s chances of a more positive outcome In an emergency, time is of the essence.

Local Foods to Health Care Facilities Initiative

A leader in promoting locally grown food, Norfolk County expanded its work into the County’s health care facilities. Norfolk County’s Local Foods to Health Care Facilities Initiative was funded by The Greenbelt Fund, a sister organization of the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation.

With funding from the Ontario Government, the Fund helped to increase the amount of Ontario food served in daycares, schools, universities and colleges, hospitals and long-term care facilities through its program, the Broader Public Sector Investment Fund: Promoting Ontario Food.

Ride Norfolk Transit


Ride Norfolk Bus Service operates from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Monday to Friday

There is no Saturday, Sunday or Statutory Holiday service.

Daily Service:

Monday – Delhi, Courtland, Langton, Greens Corners, Bill’s Corners, Simcoe

Tuesday -Walsh, St. Williams, Port Rowan, Simcoe

Wednesday -Delhi, Waterford, Simcoe

Thursday – Waterford, Port Dover, Simcoe

Friday – Port Dover, Port Ryerse, Turkey Point, Vittoria, Simcoe


Standard One Way Bus Fare


County Divisions

Norfolk County consists of six divisions, each providing its own unique services.  To contact Norfolk County staff call 519-426-5870. For more information on their purposes, their official business plans and key contacts, select a department below.