- Bethel Brethren / Tunkard Cemetery – 1371 West 1/4 Road
- Cranberry Creek Cemetery – 1731 Middleton N. Wals. Townline
- Dicks Hill / Hanselman – 2495 1st Concession Road STR
- Doan’s Hollow Cemetery
- Glenshee – 130 McDowell Road East
- Hazen Cemetery – 807 Norfolk County Road 60
- Hemlock (Houghton) – 334 Lakeshore Road
- Jacksonburg / Alton Cemetery
- Mc Queen Cemetery
- Miller / Boomer (Cemetery On J.
Pages related to Community Services
Norfolk County offers educational, recreational, and social programs to seniors 50+.
Registration for Fall programs opens on Thursday, August 19.
We are changing our swim lesson program from the Red Cross to Lifesaving Society.
This change will take place in our Spring Session which starts after March Break.
Why the change? Here are the benefits of switching:
• Levels are more attainable and include fun items, while continuing to improve on skills
• More focus on survival skills and swimming ability versus perfect strokes
• Practical application of water safety in the water
• Leads seamlessly into the Society’s lifesaving training and leadership awards
• Municipalities in our surrounding area have already changed to the Lifesaving Program, therefore all pools in our area will be teaching the same program, and so there will be consistency with levels and less confusion if your child has taken lessons elsewhere.
418 Queen St., Delhi
The Delhi Friendship Centre is reopening in January 2022. The Friendship Centre offers recreational, social, and educational programs for seniors.
Activities include games, crafts, and fitness programs. Membership is $20 yearly plus activity fees and is open to anyone 50+.
The Simcoe Seniors Centre 50+ Club provides a variety of programs to ensure that the 50+ community of Norfolk County has comradeship and activities that enhance their lifestyle and promote healthy living.
The Centre is located at the Simcoe Recreation Centre 182 South Drive, Simcoe, ON.
Norfolk County has worked with the Seniors Centre leadership to move furniture and supplies to the group’s new home at the Simcoe Recreation Centre, from their former location on Pond Street.
Let’s throw a party! Rent the floor at the Simcoe Recreation Centre for a fun-filled Birthday Party. Our staff will take care of all the details to make your child’s birthday one to remember! Parties include 1 party host, floor rental, party decorations, and structured games and activities. Staff will facilitate a fun and active birthday party experience! Max 10 children (including the birthday child), ages 4-12. All parties must be pre-paid at the time of booking.
Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) is a colourless gas that smells like rotten eggs. At very high levels, hydrogen sulphide can be flammable and lethal.
If there is a leak of hydrogen sulphide or other hazardous chemicals in your area, contact the Spills Action Centre of the Ministry of Environment by calling 416-325-3000, 1-800-268-6060 (toll-free), or 1-855-889-5775 (TTY).
Plan a private swimming get-together at the Annaleise Carr Aquatic Centre. We provide qualified lifeguards to protect your family and friends while everyone has fun!
Perfect for…. youth groups, school parties, baptisms, family gatherings, Scouts, Cubs, Brownies & Guides, church socials, birthday parties, PA Day activities or team parties!!!
1-30 people = $ 98 + HST/hour
31 to 75 people = $131 + HST / hour
76 to 135 people = $163 + HST / hour
The Commemorative Bench and Tree program is currently under review.
Contact Public Transportation/Business Development Coordinator at 519-426-5870 x 8067 or email [email protected] for further information.
Norfolk County Tree Planting Program offers free trees to homeowners in Norfolk County. Trees are planted within the County-owned road allowance of your property. Norfolk County strives to maintain the treed character along our roadways, and to preserve and enhance tree canopy cover throughout the County.
- One (1) tree is permitted per residential lot on the road allowance
- Up to two (2) trees are permitted on a corner lot (one tree on each road frontage)
- Trees will not be planted in boulevards where grass width is less than 1.5m
Submit a Tree Planting Program Request Form online or call 519-426-5870.
When you need emergency assistance, having your medical history and medicine information in one place, may save your life!
What is it?
The Vial of Life program is being reintroduced to Haldimand and Norfolk in conjunction with first responders and community partners. The program allows individuals to have their most up to date pertinent medical information in their home for paramedics to reference during an emergency. Paramedics can then assess and apply the most appropriate care and drug treatment as quickly as possible increasing the patient’s chances of a more positive outcome In an emergency, time is of the essence.
Community trees are all trees located within Norfolk County’s road allowance, parks, urban ravines, cemeteries or trails.
Problems to report include:
- Damaged, dying or potentially diseased trees
- Low hanging branches impeding vehicular or pedestrian traffic
- Unauthorized removal or destruction of a community tree
Trees will only be removed if they are dead or considered dangerous.
Located at the Simcoe Recreation Centre, the Port Dover Community Centre and the Port Rowan Optimist Park:
182 South Dr.
Port Dover Skatepark
809 St. George Street
Port Rowan Skatepark
34 Price St.
Open daily from dawn to dusk
These are unsupervised facilities – skate at your own risk
Closed when under repair or in wet or frozen conditions
Inspect the facility and all equipment, including personal safety equipment prior to using
Helmets and other safety gear is strongly recommended
This is a shared use facility for skateboarding, rollerblading, scooters and bikes
Please use the garbage cans provided, do not litter
In our quest to promote business servicing in our community, Norfolk County Community Services would like to offer Ice Resurfacer advertising in our arenas.
- the cost of the ads vary with size and type of ice resurfacer
- ads are to be produced on adhesive back vinyl
- ad contracts are set up for three years (multiple arena packages are available)
- the advertiser is responsible for the cost of the sign production
- Norfolk County is responsible for the installation of the signage.
On May 28, 2013 Norfolk County Council approved the development of a leash-free dog park as a pilot project on the condition that a community support group is established to assist with its development with recommendations as follows:
- For “fenced” leash free dog park at Waterford’s Audrey S. Hellyer Park
- For”non-fenced” leash free dog park at Simcoe’s Don Shay Park