Nominations are open for Board positions on the Simcoe BIA. Norfolk County encourages all eligible business owners in the BIA district to submit name(s) of those they would like to represent them. Election notices will be delivered to BIA Businesses the week of June 2 to June 7.
Nominations are currently open and will close at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 10th. Voting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, June 17th and continue until noon on Monday, June 24th.
Nominations will be accepted through Clerks@Norfolkcounty.ca or in person at the front counter 50 Colborne Street South, Simcoe, during regular business hours.
Requirements to nominate individual(s) are:
- Must own or rent a non-residential property in the BIA area;
- Must provide qualifying address to verify your ability to nominate;
- Must provide contact information of individuals nominated so they can be contacted to determine their willingness to serve;
- *Nominees need not be owners or tenants in the BIA.
Votes will be taken by general balloting at 50 Colborne Street South from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily starting at 8:30 a.m. on June 17th until noon on Monday June 24th. The following criteria apply for voting:
- Only one vote per business in the BIA area;
- Votes may be cast for up to eight (8) members to serve on the BIA;
- Proof of tenancy in the BIA will be required at time of voting, (tax bill, invoices, utility bill, etc.)
Results will be publicly announced and voted upon by Norfolk County Council on June 25, 2019. For questions or inquiries please contact. Clerks@norfolkcounty.ca or 519-426-5870 ext 0.