Norfolk County, ON – June 11, 2020 – County Council has taken action to support to local businesses dealing with the fall-out of Covid-19. This week they aided businesses by permitting new and expanded patios. These measures will allow businesses to safely serve their customers when stage two reopening occurs.
Key measures enacted:
- Streamlined review and approval;
- Reduced land rental fee to match the reduced capacity approved by the Province;
- Appropriate support and resources for businesses to ensure proper social distancing;
- A desire to expedite approvals so businesses can take advantage as soon as Norfolk County reaches phase two reopening;
- Introduction of more 15 minute loading zones in CBD areas to accommodate curb-side pickup.
Further details including information on the application process are located here