Each spring Norfolk County staff provide routine maintenance to the watermains throughout the County.
During a flush, hydrants are opened and allowed to flow in a controlled manner in one direction. The increased flow scours pipe walls, cleaning the sediment from inside the watermains.
The spring schedule is as follows:
- Waterford- March 29 – April 16
- Port Dover- April 6 – May 14
- Delhi- April 12 – April 23
- Simcoe- April 19 – May 28
- Courtland- April 26 – April 30
- Port Rowan- May 3 – May 7
Discoloured water is a normal side effect of cleaning watermains. If you notice discoloured water, simply run your faucet until clear.