Norfolk County reminds residents to take precautions to stay safe this morning following a winter storm overnight.
Main roads in the County are in good condition, and all crews are working on secondary roads. Some areas are experiencing power outages and tree branches are down. Drivers should use caution and drive according to road conditions.
County facilities will be open with the following exceptions:
- The Simcoe Recreation Centre and Annaleise Carr Aquatic Centre programs will begin at 8:30 a.m. The Delhi Friendship Centre is operating at normal hours. The Delhi Afterschool Program and Pickleball at Delhi District Secondary School will be cancelled today.
- The Simcoe Seniors Centre is closed today and will reopen Friday, February 24 at 8:30 a.m.
- The ServiceNorfolk pop-up in Langton will be closed today. In-person services are available at the Robinson Administration Building at 185 Robinson Street, Suite 100 in Simcoe from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or via telephone by calling 519-426-5870, extension 0.
- With the cancelation of local school bus transportation, Ride Norfolk transit service is cancelled.
- The Health and Social Services offices in Caledonia and Dunnville are closed today. The Simcoe office is open today from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Waste collection will run as scheduled. The community is reminded that due to Family Day, collection is delayed for one day, except for Simcoe.
All updates, including closures and cancellations of County services will be communicated through Norfolk’s social media channels (@NorfolkCountyCA respectively, on Facebook and Twitter).