As the calendar turns to fall, that means Norfolk County will soon perform routine maintenance to water mains throughout the municipality. The process begins Sept. 19 and will continue into early November.
During this procedure, staff supervises as hydrants flow in a controlled manner. This helps scour pipe walls and cleans the sediment from inside the mains.
The fall schedule is as follows:
- Simcoe- September 19-October 28
- Waterford -September 19-September 30
- Port Dover – September 26-November 4
- Delhi/Courtland – October 3-October 21
- Port Rowan – October 24-October 28
Discoloured water is a normal side effect of water main cleaning. Simply run your faucet until clear.