Norfolk County is proud to announce that its weekly Dress Down Fridays initiative raised $27,120 for local charities in 2020.
Dress Down Days are a weekly fundraising event when eligible staff may dress down in the office on Fridays. Those who participate are asked to contribute $2.
Although 2020 led to a change in work location for many Norfolk County employees, the program continued and donations increased.
“Last year was a particularly difficult year for our community, which makes supporting local charities more important than ever before,” says Erin Anderson, Norfolk’s Director of Human Resources. “There are many organizations doing fantastic work right here in Norfolk, and we’re happy to do our part to support them.”
Local charities that received donations include:
- Haldimand Norfolk Women’s Shelter
- Norfolk Association for Community Living
- RiverSyde 83
- Delhi Sharing Pantry
- Simcoe and District Humane Society
- Women’s Shoebox Project
- Salvation Army, Simcoe
- Camp Trillium – Rainbow Lake
- Hobbitstee Wild Life Refuge
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Grand Erie
- Simcoe Caring Cupboard Food Bank
- Waterford & District Food Cupboard
The formal giving program has been running since 2001.