Swimming lessons are back and we want to ensure everyone is safe at the facility, around the deck, and in the water. All lessons will be taught by a qualified Lifesaving Instructor.
Please help keep our staff and fellow swimmers safe, if your child is not feeling well we ask that they refrain from participating in lessons.
Program Changes and Cancellations
- Norfolk County may cancel or combine programs at any time prior to the start date of the program. The County reserves the right to change the program time, location or fee if required. If this happens a registered participant will receive a full refund or account credit.
- During periods of inclement weather, Norfolk County makes every effort to keep our facilities open during our regular business hours. When a decision to close facilities is made staff will make every effort to notify our registered participants. The main message at 226-NORFOLK or 519-426-5870 ext. 2233 will also be updated with a recorded closure message.
- Cancellations may be announced on myFM 98.9, on Facebook @NorfolkRecreation and Twitter @Norfolkrec and online. Program credits will automatically be applied. Refunds will be issued by request only.
- Cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances including, but not limited to, insufficient registrations, staffing levels, equipment failure, emergencies, and pool fouling, may occur from time to time. We do our best to minimize these cancellations and we will try to notify participants with as much notice as possible. If this occurs a credit will be automatically applied to your account. There will be no refunds.
Missed Classes, Withdrawals, Transfers and Refunds/Credits
- Missed Days/Classes – Absences from program days/ classes due to illness, vacation, or for any other reason will not be eligible for credit or refund and make-up classes will not be available. Account credits may be given for extended absences due to injury or other extenuating circumstances.
- Withdrawals for Rec Programs/Swim Lessons will be permitted up to 7 days before the start of the program or session. A full program credit or refund is available with no administrative fee.
- Withdrawals requested less than 7 days before the start of the program will receive a refund or program credit, less a $15 administration fee.
- Withdrawals requested after the start of the program will only be considered for extended absences due to injury or other extenuating circumstances. If approved, a pro-rated credit less a $15 administration fee will be applied to the account.
- There will be no refunds.
- To withdraw from any Rec Program or Swim Lesson and request a refund/credit, simply contact our Recreation Customer Service.
- All program credits on account must be used within 2 years of its applied date.
- Withdrawals from pre-registered Drop-In Programs can be completed at any time before the start of the program through our NEW Online Self-Withdrawal for Drop-in Programs option. Credits will be applied directly to your account.
- Transfers and Late Program Entries are subject to availability and any difference in fees must be paid at the time of transfer. Some single-day programs, workshops or programs with progressive learning or evaluation may not allow late entry.
- Lessons will be modified to follow guidelines and health precautions as set out by the Ontario Government and Lifesaving Society
- All lessons will still be taught by qualified Swim Instructors
- The length of lessons are as follows:
- All Preschool lessons and Swimmer 1 & 2 lessons are 30 minutes
- Swimmer 3-6 are 45 minutes
- Swimmer 7-9 are 60 minutes
- All private lessons are 30 minutes
- Children 3 years of age and under and swimmers over 3 who are not toilet trained, MUST wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are available for children under the age of 3 at the customer service desk.
- A reminder that in order to ensure the safety of your children and our instructors that one parent/caregiver is required to go into the water with any children that are in the preschool levels, or Swimmer 1-3.