Swimming Lessons 2022
Swimming lessons are back and we want to ensure everyone is safe at the facility, around the deck, and in the water.
Please note that due to the pandemic and the priority to ensure the health and safety of staff and the community, we will be offering lessons with additional safety protocols in place.
All lessons will be taught by a qualified Lifesaving Instructor.
As of June 9, 2022, instructors are being permitted to return to the water. Parents are no longer obligated to participate in their child’s lessons beyond Parent & Tot lessons.
Please help keep our staff and fellow swimmers safe, if your child is not feeling well we ask that they refrain from participating in lessons.
Watch for updates as this requirement may change.
Registration for Swimming Lessons for Summer 2022 will open on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, at Noon. Register online using the ENCORE registration portal, by calling 519-426-8866 ext. 2233, or emailing email@example.com
- A parent or guardian must be in the water with their child to provide physical support and manipulation for the following levels: Preschool, levels 1 – 5, and Swimmer levels 1 – 3. This also applies to private lessons for these levels.
- To ensure continuity, the same parent or guardian should attend each class.
Instructor and Participant Safety
- All instructors will teach lessons at a distance to allow participants and staff to maintain physical distancing.
- Instructors will teach from the deck while still performing in-water demonstrations.
- Limited equipment will be used and sanitized after each class.
- Equipment for lessons will be placed in a designated basket at each participant's location.
- Hand sanitizer is available to use before entering the change room.
- Lessons will be modified to follow guidelines and health precautions as set out by the Ontario Government and Lifesaving Society
- All lessons will still be taught by qualified Swim Instructors
- The length of lessons are as follows:
- All Preschool lessons and Swimmer 1 & 2 lessons are 30 minutes
- Swimmer 3-6 are 45 minutes
- Swimmer 7-9 are 60 minutes
- All private lessons are 30 minutes
- Children 3 years of age and under and swimmers over 3 who are not toilet trained, MUST wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are available for children under the age of 3 at the customer service desk.
- A reminder that in order to ensure the safety of your children and our instructors that one parent/caregiver is required to go into the water with any children that are in the preschool levels, or Swimmer 1-3.