Norfolk County Youth Council
Youth Council is a program organized under the supervision of the Parks & Recreation Department for students ages 13-19 looking to get involved in their community. The program is committed to giving youth a collective voice to positively enhance the lives and recreational opportunities for all youth and residents of Norfolk County.
What we do
- Attend regular meetings
- Discuss ways to engage with other youth
- Strengthen the bond between youth and the community,
- Plan outings and special events like coffee houses, bowling, dances, etc.
- To provide youth with leadership opportunities that will encourage personal growth.
- To facilitate and forge strong connections between youth in the community and Norfolk County.
- To positively enhance the profile of youth in our County.
How to join
You can pick up an application from your high school’s student services department, the Simcoe Recreation Centre or by contacting Norfolk County Recreation Coordinator of Child, Youth & Special Events, Merisa Kriwez at Merisa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new members are required to complete a Youth Council Application, the Norfolk County Volunteer Package including WHMIS, AODA, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
Every other Tuesday night (with the exception of exam time) at the Simcoe Library Youth Zone from 6 – 7:30 p.m.