Norfolk Community Day Photo Contest
Norfolk County is a special place. With charming towns, sprawling countryside, a unique biosphere, and beautiful views of Lake Erie, it’s one of the most beautiful and unique places on Ontario’s south coast.
It features an abundance of historic sites, cultural events, outdoor recreation activities, and culinary experiences, which makes it a great place to live, explore and photograph.
To celebrate Norfolk Community Day, we invite you to submit your photos that celebrate all things Norfolk, be its beautiful environment, its unique sites, or another one of your favourite spots in Norfolk for a chance to win some great prizes from the Burning Kiln Winery.
The contest will run from June 13 to June 25, 2022.
Norfolk Community Day Photo Contest
- Photographs can only be submitted online during our published call for submissions — June 13 to June 25, 2022, at midnight.
- The Norfolk County Community Day photo contest is open to Canadian residents only. Both visitors and residents are welcome to enter.
- A limit of 5 photos will be accepted per photographer and each photo will require a separate entry form and be uploaded one at a time.
- All photos must be original, taken by the entrant and depict a scene from within the boundaries of Norfolk County.
- Photos must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and must be relevant to the contest.
- Photographs must not be more than two years old.
- All submissions must be in high-resolution format (jpg, gif, png, or BMP) with a maximum size of 30MB.
- Entries must be submitted online – no prints, copies or other formats will be accepted. Entries can be submitted via this form
- Every digital photo submitted must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form and any required Model Release Forms. Please include a caption, and location and make note of any interesting facts about the photo that may not be otherwise obvious to the judges.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, the entrant agrees to give Norfolk County the irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising/marketing / promotional materials, and electronic media without any additional compensation.
- Entrants retain the right to utilize, publish or sell the photos they have submitted.
- Additionally, each entrant will grant permission to Norfolk County to contact them, using the contact information provided on their entry form, regarding any matters related to the photograph they have submitted.
- If there are identifiable individuals in the photo, it is the entrants’ responsibility to obtain, prior to submission of the entry, a signed model release form. If any individual is under the age of 18, a signed model release form must have the signature of the individual's parent or legal guardian. Photos that are not accompanied by such release forms are ineligible.
- Photos which include people must depict those individuals in a positive manner. All photos, irrespective of whether they contain people must not be obscene, indecent, depict violence or any discrimination.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court.
- One Grand Prize
- One Second Place Prize
- Photos will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges and are reviewed without identifying information. Judging is to take place in July 2022 following the close of submissions.
- By entering this contest, you agree to submit any required personal information and accept that information may be used in disclosing contest winners on our website and in other publications.
- If deemed necessary, the panel reserves the right to change the submission category.
- Winners must be able to pick up their prize in person at the Simcoe Recreation Centre —182 South Dr, Simcoe, ON— during regular business hours.