Recycling tips for windy days
Follow these important tips, so your recyclables aren’t blown throughout your neighbourhood.
- Don’t overfill your recycling box – keep material below the rim to prevent wind from blowing material away.
- Put recycling out in the morning – this reduces exposure to the elements. Place recycling curbside by 7 am to ensure collection.
- Don’t put recycling out – if high winds are forecasted consider holding on to your material until the following week.
- Bring your recycling boxes back in as soon as possible to prevent them from blowing away.
- Write your name and address on your recycling box to easily track down your box if it does blow away.
- Pack your bin in a neat manner to fit in more material which will make your recycling box heavier.
- Place heavier materials on top lighter material to weigh it down.