Public Hearing Registration
Staff reports on upcoming applications to the Public Hearing Committee are available on the Norfolk County Planning Department webpage.
Watch Public Hearing Committee Meetings
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, physical attendance public will not be permitted into Council Chambers. Proceedings will be web-streamed on the Norfolk County Website and televised via Eastlink. Members of the public can submit written input or register to speak at public hearings.
Submit Written Input
If you want to convey your support, your opposition, or provide information to a Public Hearing/Meeting item, you may provide your submission in writing. Please include the following information in your written submission:
- The Public Hearing/Meeting address, subject, or file number (Staff Reports) (GIS Mapview of Current Planning Applications)
- Your first and last name
- Your address
- Whether you are in support of or opposed to the item
Your name and address will be included in the public record and in the Minutes of the Public Hearing/Meeting.
Deadline for submission is 12:00pm (EST) on day of the Public Hearing Committee Meeting.
Please email submissions to the file’s associated planner. If you do not know the associated planner or are submitting close to the deadline, send to [email protected] and the submission will be distributed appropriately.
Register to Speak
In order to speak at an Electronic Public Hearing Committee Meeting you must pre-register using the form below.
- Complete all the fields and press “Submit”.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to join the Public Hearing/Meeting.
- You must be available to join or phone into the meeting sometime between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm on the day of the meeting. You will be provided a specific time to join.
- The Mayor will call on you when it is your turn to speak and you will be connected to the meeting.
- You will have one opportunity, up to 5 minutes, to provide your comments.
- Your name and address will be included in the public record and in the Minutes of the Public Hearing/Meeting.
- Deadline to pre-register is 2:00pm (EST) on the date (regularly Monday) preceding the Public Hearing Committee Meeting.
For information on deputations to Norfolk County Council, see the Deputations Information Page.