Growth Management Study
To ensure that Norfolk County plans for efficient growth over the long term, the Planning Department is embarking on a Growth Management Study that will establish long-term growth management principles as well as identify opportunities and options to consider to accommodate a made in Norfolk vision of growth to 2051.
What is a Growth Management Study?
A Growth Management Study:
- provides guidance on where to direct growth within a municipality to accommodate the projected population and economic growth over the planning horizon, and
- the study is considered a comprehensive review that will be utilized during the next five year Official Plan review process or development of a new Official Plan.
What’s included in the study?
- A review of the:
- historic population and economic growth
- number and type of Building Permits issued
- existing land supply
- infrastructure system and capacity
- overarching policy framework
Norfolk County Workplan and Project Timeline
Phase 1: Project Initiation
|Phase 2A: Policy Review & Technical Reports
|Phase 2B: Growth Projections
|Phase 3: Opportunities & Options
|Phase 4: Preferred Direction Reports
How to be involved?