Norfolk Economic Development Contest Rules
THESE RULES ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CONTEST AND GIVEAWAY ADMINISTERED BY NORFOLK COUNTY. THE CONTEST SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an individual must:
be a legal resident of, and the age of majority in, Norfolk County;
Employees and/or elected representatives of The Corporation of Norfolk County, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “Norfolk”), related advertising and promotional agencies and Contest prize providers (all such entities being individually and collectively referred to hereafter as the “Sponsors”) and/or a household member of any of the above are not eligible to enter or participate in the Contest unless otherwise specified by the Sponsors.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest entry period (each a “Contest Period”) shall start on the declared start date and close on the declared end date, after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter prior to the end of the Contest Period: (i) visit the “Contest Website” and complete and submit the Contest questionnaire as instructed;
Limit of one (1) entry per person.
Entries must be received prior to the indicated Contest Period entry deadline. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential Contest winner.
Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or Facebook account associated with the entry, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address or Facebook account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or Facebook account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or Facebook accounts for the domain or account associated with the submitted e-mail address or Facebook account. Each selected entrant may be required to provide Norfolk with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Facebook account associated with the winning entry.
Winners will be contacted by the Sponsors with instructions on how to claim the prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
In the case of gift cards or gift certificates, the terms by which the gift cards or gift certificates may be redeemed are governed by the applicable retailer or service provider. Norfolk is not responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of the gift cards or gift certificates.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS.
All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the prize description (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, where applicable. All prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. The winner shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Sponsors.
- WINNER SELECTION.
Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, Norfolk will select one entrant by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Any remaining entries will not be carried over for entry into any future Norfolk contest.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with these Contest Rules.
If the selected entrant does not respond within three (3) business days of notification, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected (as determined by Norfolk in its sole discretion) until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of a Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
- RELEASE. By entering a Contest, each entrant releases the Sponsors, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or other social media platform, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering a Contest, each entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest and/or the Contest Website.
- By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her personal information provided when he/she enters the Contest (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners and coordinating the provision of the Contest prize; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION Norfolk reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Norfolk and not to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Norfolk and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors and/or the Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.