Downtown Recovery & Vibrancy Grants
Access a grant of up to $5000 for projects that support and enhance economic recovery and vibrancy in Norfolk County’s downtown areas. A total of $30,000 is available for this program.
Each project should be able to help advance at least one of the following outcomes:
- Increase the number of people who come downtown for shopping and recreation
- Increase revenues for downtown businesses
- Increase productivity and/or reduce costs for downtown businesses
- Help all downtown businesses recover more quickly from the impacts of the pandemic
When developing a project proposal, we encourage your organizations to connect with businesses and the community to brainstorm ideas and propose new, innovative, exciting initiatives. Some examples of projects might include:
- Rotating pop-up stores
- Public art projects*
- High-value business skills training for owners and staff
- Outdoor/movable furniture (reading rooms, open-air dining, etc)*
- Repeatable events that attract people into the downtowns
- Equipment to support businesses (patio heaters, patio sets, etc)*
* Note: Organizations looking to purchase equipment or other hardware/assets etc must have the capacity/ability to store and maintain those items.