2015 Norfolk County Proclamations
Month of May Proclamations
Rabies Awareness Month
- Make Sure Your Pets Are Protected.
- Norfolk County offers tips to help prevent the spread of rabies.
- Go to Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit webpage for further information
Community Living Month
- Community Living Access Support Services (CLASS) provides service and support for people in the community.
- Norfolk County annually proclaims May as Community Living Month and flies the Community Living Flag at Wellington Park for the month of May.
Building Safety Month
- Building Departments and Building Officials play a critical role in maintaining and improving public safety. Norfolk County acknowledges the professionalism of its Building Officials and their dedication to Public Safety.
May 24 to 30 – Paramedic Week
- Ontario Association of Paramedic Chiefs (OAPC) has proclaimed May 24 to 30 as Paramedic Week in Ontario. This year’s theme is “Paramedics Expanding Care” and is meant to showcase the critical role paramedics play in the health and wellbeing of our community from the OAPC. A Paramedic Open House is being held on Wednesday, May 27 from 1600-2000 hours at the Port Dover EMS Base.
Month of June Proclamations
- Many communities across the province pay tribute to seniors by observing Senior’s Month. This provides an excellent opportunity to recognize senior men and women who make a viable contribution to society.