2013 Norfolk County Proclamations
Supervised Visitation Awareness Month
- A month long celebration to recognize and pay tribute to the invaluable work done by Access Centres in Ontario and internationally, and the positive impact it has on our communities. Orange ribbons symbolize safety and are worn in support of this directive across North America.
MS Awareness Month
- The MS Society of Canada marks the month of May as MS Awareness Month. Across the country, the Society’s collective aim is to increase awareness about multiple sclerosis; inform the public about the MS Society’s mission and services; and engage new and existing supporters in its efforts to end MS.
Community Living Month
- Community Living Access Support Services (CLASS) provides service and support for people in the community.
- Norfolk County annually proclaims May as Community Living Month and flies the Community Living Flag at Wellington Park for the month of May.
Rabies Awareness Month
5th to 11th – Emergency Preparedness Week
- Emergency Preparedness Week is a Canada-wide initiative to increase awareness about individual and family preparedness, emphasizing how the public can reduce the risks and consequences of an emergency
- For more information visit Norfolk County Emergency Services webpage
5th to 11th – Welcome Wagon Week
- Founded in 1930, Welcome Wagon is a Canadian-owned, FREE greeting service for families experiencing a lifestyle change including moving to a new neighbourhood, planning a wedding, expecting a baby, a new executive, manager or professional or 50 plus.