2014 Norfolk County Proclamations
2014 – International Year of Family Farming
- An initiative promoted by the World Rural Forum and supported by over 360 civil society and farmers’ organizations.
- This worldwide celebration, declared by the United Nations General Assembly, aims to become a tool to stimulate active policies for sustainable development of agricultural systems based farmer families, communal units, indigenous groups, cooperatives and fishing families.
- To effectively combat poverty and hunger and the search for a rural development based on the respect for environment and biodiversity.
2014 – Year of Social Media
- The purpose of this Proclamation is to encourage Norfolk County businesses, organizations and residents to participate actively in social media and other technologies in order to expand the capacity of our citizens to become technologically proficient in an ever-changing world, to increase opportunities within our community, to encourage unity across Norfolk County and to grow community pride.
November 2014 - Lung Month in Norfolk County
- To increase awareness of lung health issues and to inform Ontarians about the importance of their lung health, the Ontario Lung Association has designated the month of November Lung Month.