Norfolk County Zoning By-Law
The Norfolk County Zoning By-Law has been developed to incorporate the policy direction of the Norfolk County Official Plan.
This digital PDF file is prepared for purposes of convenience only, and for accurate reference recourse should be to the originals of the individual by-laws and related approval documentation. Contact the Norfolk County Planning Department regarding approval verification from the original documents.
The Planning Department will update the digital PDF file to include any amendments that were approved since the last update twice a year (after January 1 and July 1). Please be aware that the PDF file may not be up to date. Contacting a planner is recommended. The approved By-Law text, consolidated until July 4, 2019, can be accessed here:1-Z-2014 Norfolk County Zoning By-law
Map Schedules updated to July 4 2019:Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Special Provision Site Specific Schedules 14.1
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule A1 to A9
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule A10 to A20
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule A21 to A29
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule A30 to A39
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule A40 to A46
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule B
Zoning By-law 1-Z-2014 Schedule C
Hard copies of the County Zoning By-Law can be ordered. Please contact a planner in this regard.
What is a Zoning By-Law?
The basis for zoning is three fold. A municipal Zoning By-law:
- Protects Quality of Life / Use of Property / Property Value
- To ensure that neighbouring uses are compatible
- To ensure that people can reasonably enjoy their own property
- To ensure that areas develop based on consistent and equitable standards
- Implements the Official Plan
- Official Plans are not regulations
- Zoning is the single most important means of achieving the objectives of the Official Plan
- Section 24 of the Planning Act requires conformity with the Official Plan
- To Remove Discretion in Land Use Decisions
- Zoning By-laws impose a ‘right of use’
- All property owners are treated equally
Please contact Alisha Cull to obtain further details on these matters.
Alisha Cull, BES, MCIP, RPP
185 Robinson Street, Suite 200, Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 5L6
519.426.5870, 519.875.4485. 519.582.2100 ext. 1893