Deputations and Presentations
- Any person desiring to present new information only verbally to Council-In-Committee, or make a request of Council-In-Committee shall give written notice to the Clerk by noon Thursday, prior to the Regular Meeting of Council-In-Committee. This can be delivered to the County Administration Office, 50 Colborne St. S., Simcoe, ON N3Y 4H3, or e-mailed to the Clerk/Manager of Council Services at email@example.com, or faxed to 519-426-8573.
- A written brief outlining the subject matter of the presentation shall be provided to the Clerk at the time of the request to appear and shall clearly state the nature of the business to be discussed, by Thursday noon prior to the meeting.
- Deputations shall be limited in speaking to not more than ten(10) minutes in total per person, per group or per organization.
- Notwithstanding the aforementioned paragraphs, delegations appearing before Council at Public Meetings are not limited to time constraints or notification requirements.
- Council-In-Committee may refuse to hear Deputations when, in the opinion of Council, the subject of the presentation is beyond the jurisdiction of the municipality.
- No person will be permitted to address Council-In-Committee with respect to a specific labour/ management dispute, nor will a brief respecting such dispute be listed on a Council-In-Committee Agenda. A written brief by any person with respect to labour negotiations or labour/ management disputes may be distributed for information purposes.
- Ceremonial presentations of awards and recognition to or from the Corporation shall be scheduled directly on Council Agendas.
All other presentations may be scheduled at Council or Council-In-Committee Meetings.
A Request for Presentation Form (Form FO-190) shall be completed for all presentations and filed with the Clerk and shall clearly state the nature of the business to be discussed. The Request for Presentation Form shall be submitted by 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the requested meeting. This deadline is subject to change around statutory holidays and office closures.
- Presentations shall be limited in speaking to not more than fifteen (15) minutes in total.
- Any related written briefs, outlining the subject matter of the presentation, shall be provided to the Clerk and shall form part of the Official Record of the proceedings, and therefore shall be considered to be a public document.
Please note that all Norfolk County Buildings have been designated as scent free and we encourage visitors to refrain from using scented products when meeting in Norfolk County Buildings.