By-Law Appeals Committee
The Mandate of the By-Law Appeals Committee is to hear and make decisions regarding applications for appeals, minor exceptions and exemptions to the following Norfolk County By-Laws:
- Norfolk County Business Licensing By-Law 2016-92
- Norfolk County Noise Control By-Law 2010-84 and amendments (By-Laws 2012-155 and 2016-11)
- Norfolk County Property Standards By-Law 2007-66
- Norfolk County Clean Yards By-Law 2005-127
- Norfolk County Sign By-Law 2009-66
- Norfolk County Forest Conservation By-Law 2006-170
- Norfolk County By-Law 2016-72 to Regulate the Setting of Fires
Appeals can be filed in relation to the aforementioned Norfolk County By-Laws which specifically identify the By-Law Appeals Committee as the hearing body. Appeal Hearings can also occur to challenge the issuance of an Order or if there is a refusal to issue a licence upon specific appealable grounds.
All Appeal Hearings require that the By-Law Appeal Application Form be completed and returned within the identified appeal period to the Norfolk County Clerk. The current 2019 application fee is $207.00. Appeals not associated to an Order being issued are required to be accompanied with the required fee to proceed. All filings of appeals must occur before the compliance date issued in an Order.